Let us guide you to mathematical success. Winners of the Sorgenfrey Award for the teaching of mathematics from UCLA and the college-wide Rossman Award for Excellence in Teaching at Macalester College, a top-25 ranked liberal arts college, we know how to optimize student learning. We provide flexible, personalized tutoring and enrichment services to students at the junior high, high school, and college levels. Whether you are a struggling student, a math-phobic student, or a whiz who wants to be challenged, our attention will help you thrive. We prefer face-to-face tutoring in or near St. Paul, Minnesota, though we also will consider electronic/virtual tutoring arrangements.
Hallmarks of our teaching philosophy include:
- There is no such thing as someone who "just can't do math." Anyone can be mathematically successful with the right training and with sufficient focus. We will help you channel your inner mathematician.
- There is no such thing as someone who "knows it all." Anyone can be challenged by new and more subtle mathematical ideas.
- The best math students don't memorize formulas. We emphasize concepts that you will be able to apply flexibly to solve a range of problems.
- Mathematics is beautiful and useful. We will motivate your understanding of mathematics by showing you why math matters.
Courses we tutor include:
- Algebra II
- Finite mathematics
- Multivariable calculus
- Linear algebra
- Differential equations
- Partial differential equations
- Scientific computing/numerical analysis
- Mathematical modeling
- And more
Contact us for more information.