Testimonial from a newly hired assistant professor of mathematics:
I have had the opportunity to consult with Chad on every aspect of teaching mathematics in higher education. His creativity in applying methods of pedagogy to mathematics courses is unmatched. If you don’t believe me, then just ask Chad about his podcast lectures. I started using clickers in sophomore-level mathematics courses after discussions with Chad. The student feedback has been extremely valuable. I know immediately whether students understand a new concept rather than a week later after a homework assignment is graded or a quiz is taken. The dynamic in my classroom has completely changed. Students now discuss and even debate the answers to the clicker questions. It is refreshing.
The students at the Master’s degree-granting department of mathematics I teach in have reacted favorably to my instruction. On final course evaluations, the students consistently comment that they like the organization and presentation of the material. Chad’s advice on course design is the single contributing factor to my success. He willingly discussed and shared his strategies in creating course goals and student learning outcomes. Moreover, with his help, I was able to carefully articulate them on my syllabus.
Chad practices what he teaches. I have had the pleasure of participating in his introductory differential equation class at Macalester College. He understands the Millennials. In the first few minutes of classes, it was evident to me that the students looked up to him and respected him. Moreover, Chad’s enthusiasm is contagious.
It is for these reasons that I highly endorse Chad without reservation. If you are looking for creative, engaging, and effective ideas to teach material, then Chad is the right person to ask.
Testimonials from students at Duke, UCLA, and Macalester College
- One of the best instructors I’ve ever had! Chad is great at explaining, but also at being enthusiastic and supportive. I didn't like math before this class, but now I do! I think Chad is a wonderful teacher. His genuine enthusiasm in each class made me want to learn and made me legitimately interested in the subject.
- Chad's emphasis on having us learn the material was excellent. His willingness to explain and clarify material was higher than any teacher I’ve had.
- He is an amazing professor. He is so enthusiastic about the course material, which makes it a much more exciting environment to learn about math. He is very very approachable, and really cares about your success. Overall, he is one of the best professors at Macalester.
- The learning is very individual. Chad is incredibly respectful, knowledgeable, and helpful. He's equal parts math teacher, colleague, and cheerleader. He was very approachable and encouraged any kind of question.
- Chad is so enthusiastic about everything, it's hard not to have a good time learning about these complicated things. He's really knowledgeable, but also humble which makes him very approachable as a professor.
- Chad is very enthusiastic, respectful, encouraging, interesting, and fun. He's one of the best teachers I've had, and he's made me more interested in applied math than ever (which is saying something, because I was very interested in the subject before).
- Chad's excitement and energy is contagious! I had no trouble at any point staying engaged in class or working on homework and projects. He also is really good at breaking complicated ideas down and helping us develop intuition. I didn't memorize anything in this class, but I feel like I'll have a lot of really specific knowledge and intuition I'll be able to utilize in my future.
- Chad is definitely the one of the best professors I have had at Macalester, and probably one of the best teachers of my educational career. I sincerely looked forward to this class every week. I consider myself pretty good at math and I tend to get bored in the other math classes I have taken, however, Chad kept me engaged and interested the entire class period. He is really interested in this subject, and really interested in me as a person. I learned so much in this class.